Chicken and Chorizo Paella
Cooking a delicious meal for you and your loved one is a rewarding task but have you ever tried whipping up a storm in your caravan? With Valentines Day upon us we're calling all you Coachman cooks and Bailey bakers are you cooking up a romantic meal in your caravan on Wednesday?
We know space is at a premium when you’re on tour, so you’ve got to be smart about what you pack and try not to be too ambitious - but lets not let that ruin your Valentines plans. Always take a few staple ingredients, which you know will be easy to assemble into quick and easy meals that will leave you with minimal washing up – and more time to enjoy a glass of wine (or two!!).
Cooking in the confines of your caravan doesn't have to mean beans on toast for Valentines Day. Its time to get more ambitious, make a mean liguine in your Lunar or a tasty spaghetti in your Sprite!
Stuck for ideas to cook for your other half? Try our chicken and chorizo paella recipe for a scrumptious one pot meal – ideal for a Valentines Day on the road!
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 large onion
- 100g chorizo
- 4 chicken breasts
- Olive oil
- 2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 red pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 350g paella rice
- Chop chicken, peppers, onion, garlic and chorizo.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or paella pan.
- Fry the chicken until browned. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Fry the slices of chorizo in the pan until crisp.
- Add the onion to the pan, and cook gently until soft
- Add the garlic and fry for a further 2–3 minutes
- Add the red peppers and smoked paprika, cook for another 2–3 minutes.
- Add cooked chicken pieces to the pan and pour in the stock and tomato puree. Simmer gently for 20–25 minutes until the chicken is tender.
- Add the rice and simmer on a low heat for around 30 minutes, or until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is cooked.
It’s as easy as that! A one pot meal that your valentines will love.