We have everything you need to know about the new features of the Avtex Tourer One Plus, including a built in dashcam that insurers love!
Our favourite duo is back. Avtex & Garmin have teamed up once again to give you the brand new for 2017 Avtex Tourer One Plus Sat Nav, with even more features to help you make life on the road easier than ever.
So how are they different? With the Tourer One you get a large 7” frameless display, along with free Europe lifetime map updates via PC, Mac or Wi-Fi. With the brand new Tourer One Plus you get a sleek 6” display, powered magnetic mount, free Europe lifetime Map updates via PC or Mac and a built in Dashcam – a trait loved by insurers! For those who need a little extra guidance, the Tourer One Plus features forward collision warning, lane departure warning and Garmin Real Vision – so finding your destination and getting there safely is that little bit easier.
Built-In Dash Cam
So, where do we start? The Avtex Tourer One Plus provides you with more than just directions – its main new feature is the built-in dashcam – ideal for capturing and saving footage of everything in front of you, ideal if worst comes to worst and there is a collision. A dashcam can help eliminate fraud and makes the claims process more efficient – insurance companies love them so much they have even started to give a 10% discount for drivers with one! Statistics show that 25% of people believe fitting a dash cam will improve their driving, while 69% of those who have had an accident, involving a dispute over who was responsible, think having one would have been useful.
The Dashcam can do more than just record video, and includes the following features:
- Automatically records continuous HD video when engine is started
- Incident Detection (G-Sensor) automatically saves footage on impact
- You can also manually save footage with the touch of a button
- Snapshot feature for taking pictures
- Optional GPS overlay provides location, speed, date and time to record when and where an incident occurred
- Easily play back video footage right
Together, Avtex and Garmin are constantly trialling new ways to keep you safe, with caravans and motorhomes at the heart of their designs. Along with the all other new features, the Avtex Tourer One Plus are includes:
- 6” display guides you to your destination with a pinch-to-zoom, capacitive glass display & easy route shaping feature
- Caravan and Motorhome Vehicle Profile shows speed limits, height restrictions, and driver alerts for sharp curves and more
- Three exclusive Caravan and Motorhome Club databases
- Extensive European caravan and Motorhome site databases
- Free European Lifetime Map updates via PC or Mac
- Free Lifetime Digital Traffic
- Road Warnings, Elevation Profile, Fatigue Warning, Forward Collision Warning, Lane Departure Warning and Driver Alerts
- Hands-free features include Bluetooth calling, smart notifications and voice-activated navigation
- Navigate Complex Interchanges with “spoken turn-by-turn” directions and active lane guidance
- Garmin Real Vision
- TripAdvisor Travel POI’s with ratings
- Powered Magnetic Mount
So now you have everything you need to know before investing in this one of a kind Caravan and Motorhome Club sat nav. You can even combine your Avtex Tourer One Plus with the BC30 Wireless Reversing Camera for the ultimate caravan safety package.
Why not try out the camera on your new sat nav on your next adventure and send them to us on our Twitter, Facebook or Instagram – and make sure you look out for our next Avtex Tourer One Plus blog!