At Capital Outdoors, we take your privacy and trust very seriously.
Capital Outdoors is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy is effective from 10th May 2018.
Who we are
Capital Outdoors is the trading name of Ilium Retail Limited, a private company registered in England and Wales with company number 11120491. Our registered office is:
Building 1, Olympic Way, Olympic Park, Warrington, WA2 0YL
If you have any questions about how we look after your personal data, you can contact us:
In writing, at the address above. Please mark your letter for the attention of the Data Protection Officer
By email to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org
By telephone on 0800 043 6963
What we collect and how
We may collect the following information:
- when you sign up to our newsletter or updates
- when you enter competitions and prize draws
- when you register with the Website, by phone or by email
- when you place an order on our Website
- if you ask us to keep in touch with you
- if you complete a survey or send us feedback about our products, Websites or stores
- if you contact or correspond with us (for example, by phone, email or otherwise) to find out more about a product or our after sale care and support services, to report a problem with the website or a product or for any other reason
The personal information you give us may include your first and surname, title, gender, birthdate (day and month), email address, phone number, address, financial information (such as credit or debit card details), as well as shipping address, billing address, and any other information that you consider necessary to provide us with.
The information collected from you via our Website will be matched with personal information you may have given us in our stores. This is to help us ensure that the data we hold about you is kept accurate and up to date.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To send you the products and services you have purchased
- To improve our product range and offers we offer you and to help identify new products and services in the future
- To present you with personalised offers on our website, through social media channels such as Facebook and Instagram and by placing banner advertisements on third party websites
- To personalise the offers and promotions you receive from us
- To allow you to post links to our products on social media
- To manage any accounts you have registered with us so that (i) we can provide you with products and services; (ii) you can place orders; and (iii) we can fulfil those orders and communicate with you about them
- To verify your identity and your age
- To detect and prevent fraud and other illegal activities (and to assist regulators, trade bodies and law enforcement agencies in relation to the same)
- To carry out research to better understand your views on our products and services
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- To allow you to continue enjoying our customer service
When do we share your data
So that we can provide you with our products and services, we have to share some of your personal data with certain third parties. When we share your personal data, we make sure that it remains secure. We will only send to third parties the personal data that is necessary for the purposes it is required for.
We rely on a set of external companies to provide us with services that enable our business to run properly. Our core service providers include the courier companies we use to deliver our products to you; banks and clearing houses to process your payments; companies we use to carry out fraud protection and age verification checks; IT services providers; companies to help us with our marketing; and partners through which we provide our concession shops.
How long we retain your data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
You have the following rights:
(i) Right to access: the right to request copies of your personal information from us;
(ii) Right to correct: the right to have your personal information rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
(iii) Right to erase: the right to request that we delete or remove your personal information from our systems;
(iv) Right to restrict our use of your information: the right to ‘block’ us from using your personal information or limit the way in which we can use it;
(v) Right to data portability: the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your personal information;
(vi) Right to object: the right to object to our use of your personal information including where we use it for our legitimate interests or where we use your personal information to carry out profiling to inform our market research and customer demographics.